It’s been said that difficult challenges are often the best catalysts for innovation and creativity.
As this year has forced us to rethink the way we connect as individuals, communities, organizations and even nations, we’re challenging participants to create an online solution or web application using Corvid by Wix that creates connections.
These applications will virtually connect individuals or groups who can help, support or benefit each other, given the many physical restrictions we face in the offline world.
Corvid is an open development platform that lets you build advanced web applications. With serverless computing and hassle-free coding, you can manage all your content from integrated databases, add your own code in the built-in IDE or work in your own environment, and connect to 100s of APIs. Plus, you get total design freedom from the visual builder and optimized business applications—all in one integrated platform.
• Individuals who are at least the age of majority where they reside as of the time of entry (“Eligible Individuals”) (*NOTE: The age of majority is the threshold of adulthood as recognized or declared by law. Most countries set the age of majority at 18 including the US, UK, Germany https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_majority).
• Teams of Eligible Individuals
For more information on eligibility visit section 3 in the rules.
Create a web application using Corvid by Wix that will break social distancing. For example, applications that will bring people together who are physically apart to help, support, and benefit one another in new ways, from interactive sites to APIs that offer different services and more.
We encourage you to use a variety of Corvid features, such as:
- Corvid NodeJS backend
- Job Scheduler
- HTTP Functions
- Corvid Database Collections
- External Database Collections
- NPM Packages
- Secret Manager
- Provide a publicly accessible link for accessing your web application.
- A text description that explains the features and functionality of your web application.
- Images of your working web application.
- (Optional) A demo video that clearly explains the web application's features and functionality.
$4,500 in prizes
$3,000 plus 3 Unlimited Premium Plans
$1,000 plus 2 Unlimited Premium Plans
$500 plus 1 Unlimited Premium Plan
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Lead Software Engineer, Corvid by Wix
Developer Advocate, Corvid by Wix
Head of Product, Wix Code
Innovation & Overall Creativity
Is this a brand new concept? Has it been done before?
Use of Corvid
Which features are used and how many? The more, the better!
How pleasant is the general look of the product? How user-friendly is it? Is it easy for first-time visitors to navigate?